Delhi night curfew from tonight , What’s allowed, what is not till 30th April , 2021
A night curfew from 10 pm to 5 am has been imposed in Delhi starting tonight until April 30, the state’s government said on Tuesday.
The decision has been taken as the National Capital Region continues to witness a great spike in daily new coronavirus cases from last four days.
Delhi reported over 3,500 COVID-19 cases last day
- The decision to impose a night curfew came a day after Delhi reported 3,548 fresh COVID-19 cases and 15 deaths on the same day. Besides Delhi, several states including Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Odisha, Gujarat, and Punjab have also imposed the night curfews to check the spike in COVID-19 cases and monitoring closely.
What are the rules of the night curfew in Delhi?
- There will be no restrictions on traffic movement during night curfew anywhere in delhi ,
- There shall be no restriction on inter-state and intra-state movement/transportation of essential/non-essential goods. No separate permission/e-pass will be required for such movement till further ,
- People who want to get Covid-19 vaccination will be exempted but will have to get an e-pass online,
- Shopkeepers selling essential goods like groceries, fruits, vegetables, milk, and medicine will be allowed to move after getting an e-pass only.
- Print and electronic media will also be allowed to move only through e-pass only,
- Officials of Government of lndia, its autonomous/subordinate offices & Public” Corporations and officers/officials of GNCT of Delhi autonomous bodies/corporations involved in emergency services such as Health and Family Welfare and all related medical establishments, Police, Prisons, Home Guards, Civil Defence, Fire and emergency Services, District Administration. Pay & Account Office. Electricity, Water and Sanitation, Public Transport (Air/Railways/Buses), Disaster Management and related services, NIC, NCC and Municipal services, and all other essential services on production of valid ID card only,
Night curfew imposed in Delhi from 10 pm to 5 am with immediate effect till 30th April, in the wake of #COVID19 situation: Delhi Government pic.twitter.com/V3WufATG77
— ANI (@ANI) April 6, 2021
- Officers/officials related to the functioning of offices of Diplomats of various countries as well as persons holding any constitutional post on the production of valid ID card only are allowed ,
- All private medical personnel such as Doctors, nursing staff. paramedical. elc. and other hospital services (such as hospitals, diagnostic centres, clinics, pharmacies. pharmaceutical companies and other medical & health services) on the production of valid ID card only.
- Passengers going to airports, railway stations, lSBTs will be exempted if a valid ticket is produced only.
- Pregnant women and patients going for treatment exempted throughout Delhi.
- Essential services will be exempted from 10 pm to 5 am night curfew in Delhi only.
Also read : https://saffronumbrella.com/wearing-an-oxygen-mask-for-environmental-protection/
Movement of persons related to commercial and private establishments providing the following essential services shall be allowed only for:
a) Shops, dealing with foods, groceries, fruits & vegetables, dairy & milk booths, meat & fish, animal fodder. Pharmaceuticals, medicines and medical equipments only
b) Banks, Insurance offices and ATMs only
c) Print & Electronic Media only.”
d) Telecommunications, Internet services, broadcasting and cable services, IT and IT” enabled services providers.
e) Delivery of all essential goods including foods, pharmaceutical, medical equipment through e-commerce allowed.
f) Petrol pumps, LPG, CNG, petroleum and gas retail stores outlets allowed.
g) Power generation, transmission and distribution units and services.
h) Cold storage and ware housing services.
i) Private security services.
j) Manufacturing units of essential commodities.
k) Production units or services, which require the continuous process.
h) Persons who are going for COVID-19 vaccination allowed.”
- Buses, metro, autos, taxis and other modes of public transport will be allowed to ferry only those who are exempt from night curfew.
On Monday, Delhi recorded 3,548 fresh cases of coronavirus, while 15 more people succumbed to the infection taking the death toll to 11,096, according to the Delhi health department. The case positivity rate in Delhi has also risen to 5.54 per cent amid a massive surge in cases in the last few weeks.
Delhi Health Minister Satyendar Jain on Monday said that the national capital is witnessing a fourth wave of the pandemic and the government is taking all relevant measures to do the needful.
COVID-19 situation in India worsened over the past few weeks in some states,
India has been witnessing a worrying spike in corona virus cases over the last few weeks amid growing concerns over mutated strains of the virus and increasing laxity among people in adhering to protocols all around India.
In fact, the country yesterday reported more than 90,000 infections for the third consecutive day, taking the nationwide tally to over 1.26 crore.
India’s death toll stands at over 1.65 lakh since covid pandemic hit.